American Online commonly known as Aol is one of the most popular email service providers along with the likes of Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo. Aol and Yahoo were both bought by Verizon Media which is why you can see the striking resemblance between Yahoo and AOL mail login page.
In this article, we are discussing everything about AOL Email, how you can log in to your account from your computer and mobile device, what to do if you forget your login password, how to add a recovery email account/phone number for the future, and how to change your AOL login password.
How To Login To AOL Mail
- Launch your favorite web browser (Chrome, Safari) and then go to the web address aolmail.com
- This will open up an AOL mail login page. Enter your registered email address or your username or your registered phone number to continue. Then click on Next.
- Check the ‘stay signed in‘ box if you want to save your login details on your computer for the future. But if you are using a shared computer, then I recommend you leave it unchecked.
- Then enter your password. Click on the eye-like icon to make your password visible so that you don’t make any spelling errors.
- Click on Next. You will be logged in to your AOL mail account if you have entered your email address and password correctly.
What If Your Email Address or Password is Incorrect?
- If your email address is incorrect, or you misspelled your email address or username, then you will receive a message saying ‘Sorry, we don’t recognize this email.‘ Make sure the spelling is correct and try again.
- If your password is incorrect, then you will receive a message saying ‘Invalid password. Please try again‘ Check the spelling and try again, if you cannot remember your password, then you can reset your password by clicking on ‘Forgot Password?’
Common AOL Mail Login Problems
- Check if the internet connection is working properly or not. Sometimes you don’t even realize that so make sure of that. If it is not, then you can contact your ISP.
- Sometimes the AOL website itself may have some issues, server issues, and other technical issues. You can check if the site is down or not from ‘www.isitdownrightnow.com/mail.aol.com‘ If it is down, then you have to wait until the site is back live if not then you have some problem with your internet connection.
- Password is always case sensitive which means password, PASSWORD, passWORd all are totally different. So make sure Caps Lock on your keyword is turned off.
- The spelling error is very common. So make sure the spelling is correct.
Even upon doing all these things, if you cannot log in to your AOL mail account then you should consider resetting your AOL login password. Resetting your password lets you set a completely new password for your AOL mail account. This is helpful if you forgot your password or cannot log in to your account.
How To Reset AOL Login Password
- From the AOL mail login page, click on ‘Forgot Password?‘ link below Password field.
- Now you will be asked to choose from the list of email addresses and phone number to receive a verification code. This is the recovery email address or mobile number that you added during the sign-up process.
- You will receive a random code by AOL. Check your email inbox if you have chosen your email address or check for the SMS if you have chosen a mobile number.
- Enter the verification code and then click on Verify button
- Sometimes it may take up to a minute to receive a code. But if you haven’t received any code for over a minute, then you can click request for a new code by clicking on Resend code if you wait 60 sec.
- After the code is verified, you can now set a new password for your AOL account. or you can just skip all that and click on ‘I’ll do this later‘ to be re-directed to AOL mailbox without having to change your password.
- But if you want to change your AOL login password, then enter a new strong password that you want to use. Then click on Continue. Your password will be successfully changed.
These are the step-by-step guide on how you can sign in to your AOL account and what are the possible problems that you might face during the login process and how you can tackle them. If you still have any questions, then please leave them on the comment box down below.