While scrolling through Facebook, we stumble some interesting videos that want to watch later or show it to our friends. There are lots of ways to save videos from Facebook. For that, you have a Save option in Facebook that will save on your Saved folder. Or you can always share the video from your profile or you can send it to your friend via messenger. Or if you want the video on your device that you can watch without the internet, then you can screen record it.
However, Facebook does not let you download videos from its platform so that you can watch the video without needing an internet connection. The right way to download videos from Facebook on your device is to use third party websites and apps that will let you download any videos from Facebook that may be a group, page, or someone’s personal video.
How To Download Facebook Videos On Computer
You can easily download Facebook videos on your computer using third-party websites. There are lots of websites that will let you download videos, choose the video format, resolution of the video before downloading it. Mainly Fbdown.net and Getfvideo.com are the most popular ones to use. Follow these steps:
- Open Facebook and find the video that you want to download on your computer.
- Copy the URL or direct link of the video that you want to download.
- Go to fbdown.net or getfvideo.com. Then paste the video link and then click on Download.
- You can select the download quality, then the download will start.
The format and video quality of the video will be different depending on which websites you are using to download the video.
How To Download Facebook Videos on Mobile Devices
You can use go to the websites mentioned in the above steps from your mobile browser to download videos from Facebook. But the easier way would be to download apps that will allow you to do that in a second. There are lots of Facebook video downloader apps on PlayStore and App Store but we are using Video Download by AhaSave for this one simply because I find it faster and easier to use. Follow these steps:
- First of all, go to Play Store and search for ‘facebook video downloader ahasave‘. Skip ads at the top download and install the app.
- Now launch the app. There are two ways you can download fb video from this app.
- One is just to copy the video link from your Facebook app and paste the link in AhaSave app and Download the video.
- The easier way is to use the in-built Facebook from the AhaSave app. Just log in to your facebook by entering the login details.
- Now you can start using your Facebook account as you do in your normal FB app. And when you find an interesting video while you are scrolling, just tap on the video it will show you options to download the video, download just the audio or just watch the video.
How To Download Video From FB Using Browser Extension
At this point, who would even want to add add-ons and extensions in their browsers to download FB videos. But if you want to, there is an option. As most of us use Google Chrome, I am using Chrome as an example. Follow these steps:
- First, you need to go to Chrome web store. For that, go to chrome.google.com/webstore.
- Then search for ‘video downloader professional’. Go through the results and if you find the app with the exact name, click on it and click ‘Add to Chrome’ to install the extension on your browser.
- The icon will be added to your browser. If you cannot find it, just click on the Extension icon and pin ‘Video downloader professional’
- Now when you play a video on Facebook, the extension will automatically load up the video. So just click on the download icon, then click on Download.
How To Download Facebook Video Without Any Software
There is a backdoor or trick to have Facebook video downloaded on your computer without using any software, apps, or website. Actually, you don’t have to leave the facebook site if you use this trick. Follow these steps to do it:
- Find and open the video that you want to download from Facebook.
- The video URL address is always in the format something like this https://www.facebook.com/pagename/videos/045788888
- Now change ‘www’ to ‘mbasic’. Then Enter to reload the video again. So the final URL will look like this: https://mbasic.facebook.com/pagename/videos/045788888
- You will notice that the layout of the page is changed. Now you can click on the video to play it.
- The video will now start playing with a black background. Right-click on the video and click on ‘Save video as’
- Select where you want to save the video, then click on ‘Save’. The video format will be .mp4