Finding a perfect partner has been made easy by Plentyoffish.com. Just like the name suggests, plenty of fish (in the sea) which means there are plenty of options for every single people out there in the future. To get started with your plentyoffish online dating journey, you first need to create an account. Plenty of fish sign up step is an easy process to register with all your detail on the website. You can start off with a free POF account.
How To Create POF Account
- First go to Plenty of Fish website. You can either go to plentyoffish.com or pof.com. Both web addresses will take you to the same page plentyoffish homepage. You can see Register button in big block letters on both right-hand side of the page. Pof is making sure you don’t have any problems finding the button
- Click on Register button. This will take you straight to the field where you have to put in your first name. After you are done entering your first name click sign up button. This is just to get started with. Just write in any name. This is not the username. That will come in later on.
- Now you need to choose a username for your pof login account. Profile pic and your Username is the first thing people will see when they find you on plenty of fish. So you might want to tone down a little while choosing your username. A simple and grounded login name will make all the difference. It will give off that first impression everybody wants. You can just set up your real name as a username or you can add some numbers.
Another reason for choosing a wise username during pof sign up is because plenty of fish will not let you change the username after you are done signing up for your account. You have to upgrade your pof account by paying a certain amount to have the ability to change your pof username. If you are having a creating blockage while coming up with a username, you can always look at what others are doing. Pay attention to the ones that catch your attention.
Tip: Add underscore or number to make your username unique if the username you want is already taken. Pof does not allow space or special characters in the username.
- In the next step, you have to enter the email address that you want to use for pof sign up. You can use any working email address that you want. Re-enter your email address for confirmation.
- Then you need to enter a password for pof login. Make sure your pof login password is very strong. After completing all the fields, click on Next to proceed.
- Now it’s time for you to select your country and enter your city, postal/ZIP code. After you are done with addresses, now you need to select your gender. Plenty of Fish being a popular dating site, they have thought about all the other genders except men and women have included in options for you to choose from.
- Just click on ‘+More Options‘ under Gender, then 5 more Gender options will appear on your screen. Choose accordingly. If you are not sure if you want to show your gender on your pof profile, then you can always select the option to hide your Gender.
- Now select your Date of Birth. Pof uses your date of birth to display your age to other members and matches.
- Choose your Ethnicity from the range of options available on POF sign up page. If you cannot find a perfect one that describes your ethnicity, then you can always choose ‘other’
- Check the box and click on Continue.
“Take your time to fill up all these details because it is very important. Remember you are choosing an online dating service as your choice of getting a perfect partner. So without knowing enough about your personality and interests, the system can’t match you with other singles. The key details we ask about your life are what makes you so attractive to the right match“
- Now the next step is to complete the pof dating preferences form. There are few questions that you need to choose from this page. It’s basically to know what kind of partner you are looking for and what kind of relationship you are looking to be in from your pof profile.
- Click on Next to move on to the next step of pof sign up. This is the About You section of plenty of fish sign up page. Here you have to provide your occupation, education, income range, religion, height, body type, and others.
- You can think of pof headline as your Instagram Bio. Here is your chance to shine. Now dish out some details about you, in your own words. You can get creative here. Remember the character limit is 40 characters, not a lot of room to play with but that’s the point. A create limitation is an actual thing.
- Provide a description of yourself, and what drives you most in life. Your favorite topic of conversation topic that excites you so that plenty of fish can hook you up with someone who shares similar interests as yours.
This all adds up later when you are scrolling through your POF profile so POF can suggest your profile to potential partners. I mean, isn’t that the whole point of using a dating website? So my suggestion, fill out all the required details carefully during plenty of fish sign up, make it easier for the system to work its magic.